Updated 4/8/2020 2:45 PM
The Pa Department of Health held its Daily Health Briefing at 2:30 pm. Notes from the briefing are below. You can watch the full briefing HERE.
- We saw another day of COVID-19 cases inching up.
- While we no longer see exponential growth of new cases, now is the time for us to stay vigilant and help mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus.
- Governor Wolf will be signing an order today that allows the state to move medical resources from one hospital to another and from lower hit areas to those with greater need.
- We need to wear masks if we must leave our homes.
- We must wash hands frequently and thoroughly.
- We must cover our coughs and sneezes.
- 760 cases of COVID-19 have been seen in health care workers.
- 831 cases have been reported across 157 different long term care living facilities, including nursing and personal care homes.
- To date, all of our deaths have been in adult patients.
- As of noon today, 1,892 patients are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19.
- That is approx. 11% of the total case count in the state.
- Across the state, 51% of hospital beds, 41% of our ICU beds, and nearly 70% of our ventilators are still available.
- Statewide support and referral hotline - 1 (855) 284-2494
- The new hospital preparedness dashboard is being setup. It will provide an overview of the entire health system capacity in the state.
- Added a statewide map to where testing is currently taking place.
- Remember, please check with your healthcare before heading to get tested as some testing sites require a referral or prescription.
- For more information, please visit health.pa.gov
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
Updated 4/8/2020 12:05 PM
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health shared updated COVID-19 numbers for the state. As of this morning, there are an additional 1,680 positive cases. That brings the total count in PA to 16,239. There have been 310 deaths statewide.
82,299 patients have bested negative. You can see the updated statewide map, HERE.
Breakdown of cases in Western Pennsylvania:
- Allegheny: 720 cases with 10 deaths
- Fayette: 35 cases with 1 death
- Washington: 59
- Beaver: 128 cases with 13 deaths
- Butler: 113 cases with 2 deaths
- Lawrence: 32 cases with 2 deaths
- Westmoreland: 183 cases with 1 death
- Mercer: 27
- Greene: 17
- Armstrong: 19
- Indiana: 21
- Venango: 5
- Clarion: 8
- Forest: 5
Original Article: 4/8/2020 11:10 AM
Allegheny County Health Department released their daily update for COVID-19 cases in the area. As of this morning, there are now 720 positive cases in the county. 113 of those cases (past or present) have required hospitalization. There have been ten deaths.
An interactive map of case locations is available HERE.
Breakdown of cases by age group:
- 0-4 years: 2
- 5-12 years: 4
- 13-18 years: 9
- 19-24 years: 58
- 25-49 years: 294
- 50-64 years: 203
- 65+ years: 150
"County Executive Rich Fitzgerald and Health Department Director Dr. Bogen will hold a briefing today at 4 PM. It will be streamed live on the county’s (@AlleghenyCounty) and the Health Department’s Facebook (@AlleghenyCountyHealth) pages."