Updated 4/7/2020 2:20 PM
The Pa Department of Health held its Daily Health Briefing at 2 pm. Notes from the briefing are below. You can watch the full briefing HERE.
- 664 cases of COVID-19 have been seen in health care workers.
- 674 cases have been reported in long term care living facilities, including nursing and personal care homes.
- To date, all of our deaths have been in adult patients.
- As of noon today, 1,165 patients are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19.
- That is approx. 11% of the total case count in the state.
- 548 of those hospitalized required the use of a ventilator.
- Across the state, 51% of hospital beds, 40% of our ICU beds, and nearly 70% of our ventilators are still available.
- Call for volunteers during this challenging time. Volunteers are essential to ensure life-sustaining activities can be completed for many Pennsylvanians. Volunteering itself is considered a life-sustaining and approved activity.
- If you have to go out, then please wear a mask if you're going to come into contact with others.
- If you have questions about your health, please contact your health provider.
- Statewide support and referral hotline - 1(855)284-2494
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
- Remember, my mask protects you and your mask protects me. If the whole community is wearing masks, that is another level of protection against the spread of #COVID19.
Update: 4/7/2020 12:30 AM
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health shared updated COVID-19 numbers for the state. As of this morning, there are an additional 1,579 positive cases. That brings the total count in PA to 14,559. There have been 240 deaths statewide.
76,719 patients have bested negative. You can see the updated statewide map HERE.
Breakdown of cases in Western Pennsylvania:
- Allegheny: 689 with 6 deaths
- Fayette: 32 cases with 1 death
- Washington: 57
- Beaver: 116 cases with 9 deaths
- Butler: 107 cases with 2 deaths
- Lawrence: 29 cases with 2 deaths
- Westmoreland: 177
- Mercer: 26
- Greene: 15
- Armstrong: 18
- Indiana: 21
- Venango: 5
- Clarion: 9
- Forest: 5
Orignal Article: 4/7/2020 11:01 AM
Allegheny County Health Department released their daily update for COVID-19 cases in the area. As of this morning, there are now 689 positive cases in the county. 101 of those cases (past or present) have required hospitalization. There have been six deaths.
An interactive map of case locations is available HERE.
Breakdown of cases by age group:
- 0-4 years: 3
- 5-12 years: 4
- 13-18 years: 9
- 19-24 years: 58
- 25-49 years: 286
- 50-64 years: 191
- 65+ years: 138
"Finally, data from the tests reported to ACHD includes the person’s name, test result, date of birth and address. Not all reported tests are complete. Some are missing addresses or other information. While some other demographic information is included, it is minimal and usually lacking which is why that data has not been shared publicly. For example, less than half of the reported tests contain data on race of the individual. The Health Department is currently putting together a plan to look at racial demographics to address any inequities."