North and South Park Golf Courses Opening on April 1 to the Public
PITTSBURGH – The Parks Department today announced that North and South park golf courses will reopen to the public on Thursday, April 1 following annual maintenance and aerating. Daily operating hours are 6:00 a.m. to dusk with regular season fees in effect.
Senior golf permits for ages 60 and older for the 2021-21 season are available for purchase online at www.alleghenycounty.us/parkpasses or in person at the North or South park clubhouses 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from Monday-Thursday. The cost is $80 for county residents and $100 for non-residents. Cash, American Express, Discover, Master Card and Visa are accepted.
Disabled American veterans with identification cards may purchase golf permits in person at the clubhouses 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from Monday-Thursday. The cost is $80 for residents and $100 for non-residents. Cash, American Express, Discover, Master Card and Visa are accepted.
Concessions at both courses will be opens even (7) days a week serving beer, hot dogs, chicken fingers and fries, chips, drinks and snacks. Limited indoor seating will be available. Masks must be worn when customers are not actively eating or drinking. Concessions will accept cash, debit cards, American Express, Discover, Mastercard and Visa
Additional COVID mitigation measures remain in effect. Restrooms will be open, but shower facilities will remain closed. Golfers are also asked to observe the following COVID-19 guidelines to help contain the spread of the virus:
- Stay at home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms, including chills, fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and new loss of taste or smell.
- Wear a face covering in and around clubhouses and maintain physical distancing.
- Use a debit card or credit card instead of cash if possible.
- Walk the course if you are able.
- Maintain at least 6 feet from all players and staff on the course.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a sleeve or elbow.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, especially after handling money or paying for golf fees and using the restroom.
- Carry hand sanitizer in your golf bag and use it often.
- Leave flagsticks in when you putt.
- Do not pick up other players’ golf balls.
- Do not shake hands or give high-fives.
- When your round is over, go home.
- Do not gather in the parking lot before or after your round.
For golfing fees and additional information on the North Park and South Park golf courses, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/golf. For information, resources and operational changes related to COVID-19, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/coronavirus.
Thumbnail via Getty Images