Update - 5/11/2020 2:20 PM
The PA Dept. of Health held a press update today at 2:00p. A few notes from the briefing are below. You can watch the full live stream below.
- 3,790 cases of COVID-19 have been seen in health care workers.
- 11,801 cases have been reported across 540 long term care living facilities, which include nursing and personal care homes.
- To date, there have been 3,731 deaths.
- All of our deaths have been in adult patients.
- Getting tested helps identifies outbreaks. It is important that we have testing sites set up across the state.
- Starting today, nine new drive-thru testing sites set up through Rite-Aid will be available across Eastern PA. Testing at these sites will be free.
- A full map of local testing sites is available HERE.
- Statewide support and referral hotline - 1 (855) 284-2494
- Mental Crisis Text Line. Text 'PA to 741741
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
Update - 5/11/2020 12:20 PM
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health shared updated COVID-19 numbers for the state. As of this morning, there are an additional 543 positive cases. That brings the total count in PA to 57,154. There have been 3,731 deaths statewide. 231,704 patients have bested negative. You can see the updated statewide map,HERE.
PA NEW positive case numbers each day for the last seven days:
- 5/05/20- 865
- 5/06/20- 888
- 5/07/20- 1070
- 5/08/20- 1323
- 5/09/20- 1078
- 5/10/20- 1295
- 5/11/20- 543
Original Article 5/11/2020 11:07 AM
Allegheny County Health Department released their daily update for COVID-19 cases in the area.
As of this morning, there are 8 new cases in the county with a total of 1,511 cases (confirmed or probable). 274 of those cases (past or present) have required hospitalization. Out of those 274, one-hundred-sixteen have been admitted to the ICU with sixty-six requiring the use of a ventilator. There have been one-hundred-twenty-three deaths. 21,115 test have been administered.
An interactive map of case locations as well as their COVID-19 Dashboard is availableHERE.
Breakdown of cases by age group:
- 0-9 years: 8
- 10-19 years: 21
- 20-29 years: 221
- 30-39 years: 197
- 40-49 years: 193
- 50-59 years: 285
- 60-69 years: 253
- 70+ years: 337
Breakdown of cases by gender:
- Female: 53%
- Male: 47%
"The data reflected in these updates include information reported to the department in the past 24 hours as well as data since March 14 when the first case was reported in the county. For information relative to number of cases by date the test was taken and deaths by date of death, visit the county’s dashboard at http://alleghenycounty.us/coronavirus. It is updated each day by noon.
Of the 1,511 cases, 219 cases are in healthcare workers. This reflects 14% of the COVID-19 cases in Allegheny County. The Health Department thanks all of our frontline workers for keeping us healthy and safe."
Thumbnail courtesy of Getty Images.