OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN OR CLAIM PRIZE.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT'S CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS BEING CONDUCTED ON PARTICIPATING STATIONS THAT ARE LOCATED IN VARIOUS STATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE TIME ZONES. THERE WILL BE UP TO EIGHT (8) NATIONWIDE CONSOLATION WINNERS EACH DAY AND ONE (1) POSSIBLE GRAND PRIZE WINNER.
EACH TEXT MESSAGE, SENT OR RECEIVED, MAY INCUR A CHARGE AS PROVIDED IN YOUR RATE PLAN. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. WHEN YOU ENTER VIA TEXT MESSAGE, YOU WILL RECEIVE AT LEAST ONE (1) AUTODIALED TEXT MESSAGE IN RESPONSE TO YOUR ENTRY. TEXT-MESSAGING MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE THROUGH ALL WIRELESS CARRIERS. TO ENTER WITHOUT SENDING A TEXT MESSAGE, SEE SECTION 2 BELOW.
Sweepstakes Name: 2019 Million Dollar Holiday Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes" or "Qualifying Sweepstakes")
Participating Stations: See attached Station List (collectively the "Stations")
This Sweepstakes is sponsored solely by iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc. ("Sponsor"). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor. For a copy of these Official Sweepstakes Rules, please visit Sponsor's office at 125 W 55th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10019 or send your request by mail to iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc. at 125 W 55th St 7th Floor New York, NY 10019.
List of Winner(s): For the name(s) of the winner(s) send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to: iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc., 2019 Million Dollar Holiday Sweepstakes, 125 W 55th St 7th Floor New York, NY 10019.
1. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 states of the United States or the District of Columbia and18 years of age (or the age of majority in the entrant’s state of residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry ("Entrant").
Employees, contractors, officers and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, the Stations, and any third party prize provider(s) and/or prize fulfillment service(s) (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"); individuals employed by any other radio and television stations; and members of the immediate families (spouse and biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above individuals are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or win the prize.
Void where prohibited by law. By participating, Entrants agree to these official rules ("Rules"), which are final and binding in all respects.
2. TIMING: TheSweepstakes begins on December 2, 2019 at 6:00:00 a.m. eastern time ("ET") and will end when the 4-number code has been correctly guessed or on December 20, 2019 at 9:59:59 p.m. ET, whichever comes first ("Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes Period includes fifteen (15) different entry periods (each an "Entry Period") as set forth below. Each Entry Period is comprised of up to eight (8) playtimes.Entrants not located within the referenced time zone, must factor in the time difference for the defined time zone in which they are located, e.g. December 2, 2019 at 10:00 am (ET) is December 2, 2019 at 7:00 am Pacific Standard Time (PT).
Throughout the Sweepstakes Period, during each Entry Period, a "sounder" or cue to play will be aired at various times along with a message instructing listeners to text the keyword within a specific period of time (playtime) for a chance to become a participant ("Participant"). Listen to the participating stations, as set forth in Appendix A, for details on specific times to play. There will be a total of up to eight (8) nationally scheduled playtimes each Entry Period during the Sweepstakes Period.
- December 2, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 3, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 4, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 5, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 6, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 9, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 10, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 11, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 12, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 13, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 16, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 17, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 18, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 19, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
- December 20, 2019 listen between 6:00:00 am ET and 9:59:59 pm ET / up to 8 playtimes
The local participating Station(s), at their sole discretion, may or may not choose to air all playtimes due to programming obligations and other factors. Each participating Station reserves the right to amend the rules which may include opting out during specific Entry Periods. In the event that a participating Station has made changes subject to the Rules, said changes shall individually apply to that specific Station's participation and the Station's listener's participation and shall not apply to any other participating Station. To determine if your local station has provided an addendum to these rules or for more information about the local station's participation you may contact the local station during regular business hours. Participating stations may not amend other material portions of this Sweepstakes at a local level other than their individual participating times and dates at their sole discretion. If a participating Station has amended any portion of the Official Rules the station will provide an addendum to these rules which will be deemed part of the official Sweepstakes rules for the individual station identified on the addendum. The participating Stations may or may not choose to announce exact times that future cues will be played and may choose not to participate in each designated playtime of the day. All participating Station listeners will be competing with listeners from other stations around the country who will also receive a "cue to play" at the same time and will be entered into the same pool of entrants from which one participant each playtime will be determined.
Note: *Each participating Station reserves the right to amend non-material portions of this Sweepstakes at a local level in their sole discretion, which may not affect the material terms of the Sweepstakes. The local participating Stations, at their sole discretion may or may not choose to amend the non-material terms. In the event that a participating Station has made a change(s), which is first subject to the official rules, any said changes shall individually apply to that individual Station’s participation exclusively and their respective listener participation and shall not apply to any other participating station. If a participating Station has amended any portion of the Official Rules the station will provide an addendum to these rules which will be deemed part of the official Sweepstakes rules for the individual station identified on the addendum. To determine if your local station has provided an addendum to these rules or for more information about the local station’s participation specifically you may contact the local station during regular business hours.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. TEXT MESSAGE ENTRY:
To enter the Sweepstakes via text message entry, listen to Station for the Designated Code to be announced. During each Entry Period (as listed in the chart above), the number of "sounders"/cues listed above will be announced randomly throughout the Entry Period (each a "Designated Playtime"). During each Designated Playtime, the Station will announce that Designated Playtime's code (each a "Designated Code" or "Code"). Then, each entrant will have until the end of the hour the Code is announced (:59:59 of the Designated Playtime's hour), regardless of the time Code is announced, to submit the Code to receive one (1) entry into such Designated Playtime's drawing (for the avoidance of doubt, if the Station announces the Code for a Designated Playtime at 4:37 PM ET, the entry period for such Designated Period will end at 4:59:59 PM ET). Entrants will receive at least one (1) text message in response to entry.Standard text messaging and data rates may apply; contact your carrier for rates applicable to your plan. For HELP, text "HELP" to 200200 or e-mail TEXTOPTOUT@IHEARTMEDIA.COM. To STOP, text "STOP" to 200200 or e-mail TEXTOPTOUT@IHEARTMEDIA.COM. Individuals who enter by text-messaging will be charged according to their carriers’ standard messaging and data rates, and entrants should contact their carriers for pricing details. Check your owners' manual for specific text-messaging instructions. Text-messaging may not be available through all wireless carriers. All entries received are delivered to the same platform and are collectively combined, center regardless of which Station the Entrant was listening to at the time of the sounder or which participating Station's website entry was made.
2. FREE ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY (AMOE):
To enter the Sweepstakes without sending a text message, during the Designated Playtime, timely log in to any participating Station's website and follow the Promotion links to register for the Promotion by entering the Designated Code for that Designated Playtime, along with your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, date of birth, and/or any other information requested by the Sponsor.You must successfully submit the Designated Code and your registration information within the hour that such Code was announced, i.e. by :59:59 of the next hour for your entry to be valid(for the avoidance of doubt, if the Station announces the Code for a Designated Playtime at 4:37 PM ET, the entry period for such Designated Period will end at 4:59:59 PM ET). Complete the foregoing steps to receive one (1) entry into the corresponding Designated Playtime’s drawing.
Limit: One (1) entry per person/phone number/email address per Designated Playtime, regardless of method of entry. No other entry methods or forms of entry are valid. Non-winning entries from one Designated Playtime will not roll into subsequent Designated Playtime entry periods. All entries must be received within the Designated Playtime and include the correct Designated Code for such Designated Playtime to be valid. Any entry received or made after the Designated Playtime period will not be valid. All entries received are delivered to the same platform and are collectively combined, center regardless of which Station the Entrant was listening to at the time of the sounder or which participating Station's website entry was made.
HOW TO PLAY:
At the end of each Designated Playtime, the Designated Playtime period will be closed and the Sponsor will determine the participant at random from all of the eligible entries collectively received from all participating Stations for the Designated Playtime ("Participants") (each Entry Period will have a total of up to 8 Participants for a total of one-hundred-twenty Participants throughout the Sweepstakes Period). The Sponsor will attempt to contact all selected Participants by phone at the phone number provided at the time of entry within twenty-four (24) hours after being selected. Only the Participants will be contacted personally by a Sponsor representative. No more than three (3) attempts shall be made to contact the Participant. PARTICIPANT MUST ANSWER THE PHONE AND MUST AGREE TO HAVE THE TELEPHONE CONVERSATION RECORDED BY THE SPONSOR AND OR STATION TO BE DETERMINED A DESIGNATED PARTICIPANT AND HAVE THE PRIZE AWARDED. NO MESSAGES WILL BE LEFT ON ANSWERING MACHINES OR VOICEMAIL SYSTEMS AND THE POTENTIAL PARTICIPANTS MUST ANSWER THE CALL AND AGREE TO THE TERMS HEREIN OR WILL FORFEIT ANY RIGHTS TO THE PRIZE. If a potential Participant cannot be reached directly following the close of the applicable Designated Playtime period and or does not consent to be recorded for broadcast purposes, the potential Participant will be disqualified and an alternate Participant will be randomly selected until a Participant has met all conditions described herein. Due to time constraints, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of Participants, if any or necessary.
In order to be eligible to claim the grand prize (see below), an eligible Participant will be contacted by the Sponsor (see Participant Notification below) and will be asked to guess the predetermined grand prize winning code. 4-Number Code Guess (each number 0000 to 9999, inclusive): The actual predetermined winning code will be comprised of (4) numbers, that each fall between 0000 – 9999, inclusive. Entrants must complete their guess of the (4) winning numbers in the code, in their exact order of sequence. For example, if the winning code was 9 – 8 – 7 – 6 then a submitted entry of6 – 7 – 8 – 9would not be considered a winning attempt. If the grand prize winning (4) number code is not correctly guessed in its exact winning order by an eligible Participant, according to these official rules, then the grand prize WILL NOT be awarded. The Participant will receive a consolation prize.
NOTE: Numbers MAY repeat within the winning code (i.e. a winning code could be 9 – 9 – 9 - 9).
The predetermined grand prize winning (4) number code will be randomly pre-selected prior to the start of the Sweepstakes. This winning number will be programmed into the key pad and locking mechanism on the designated "Bank Vault" that will be used for all Sweepstakes attempts. The random selection of the winning four (4) digit number and the programming of the "Bank Vault" will be conducted by an independent 3rd party promotions company. Each eligible Participant will each be given a maximum of one opportunity to attempt the contest.
Entries must contain all information requested, must be timely submitted, and must comply with all submission requirements set forth herein to be valid.By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that a participating Station may contact them, via phone at the number provided during registration or by text message, at the telephone number from which the text message entry was received. Any and all fees arising from such notification will be the sole responsibility of Entrant. Entries are subject to any applicable restrictions or requirements listed herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems. The Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, undeliverable, illegible, damaged, stolen, garbled, delayed, misdirected, mutilated, or incomplete entries or communications, regardless of cause. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address and/or phone number. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account or mobile phone number enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, telephone service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrants may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such Entrant is the authorized account holder of the email address or wireless number associated with the winning entry. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of submission or receipt by the Sponsor. The Sponsor’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Entries will be disqualified if found to be incomplete and/or in excess of the above stated limit. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be receipt acknowledged or returned. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential Participants are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for Entrants not making timely submission to the Station or other timed entry as a result of the delays in the Internet stream or otherwise. Entrants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in this or any Sweepstakes. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations and other delays in the online streaming of its broadcast signal. Listeners of the online stream may not be able to participate in, or may be disadvantaged in participating in, on-air Sweepstakes and should contact their local station to determine participation. On air Sweepstakes not valid on holidays unless otherwise mentioned herein.
Entry by sending a text message will not improve your chance of winning. The text messaging method of entry is designed to work with most of the U.S. major wireless carriers in the United States, but the Sponsor makes no guarantee that any particular wireless service provider will participate. To enter by text, the mobile phone that is used must be capable of sending and receiving text messages. Entrants should check their phone's features to see if they have that capability. Wireless service providers may charge entrants for each text message, including any error message that is sent and received in connection with the Sweepstakes, based on the applicable wireless service pricing plan. By texting to enter, the entrant grants permission to the Sponsor to notify them via a return text message and must agree to accept all applicable charges associated therewith. Entrant is responsible for all applicable fees and taxes associated with placing a text message entry. Sponsor in its sole discretion may add or delete a cellular carrier at any time, without notice. Proof of text messaging to the Code is not considered proof of delivery to, or receipt by, Sponsor of such enter to play. Entrants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. By participating via text, entry is permitted, Entrants acknowledge that text messages are distributed and delivered through third party providers; neither the Sponsor nor Station guarantee, nor shall either be responsible for, the delivery or timeliness of any text message entry. Not all wireless carries support access to a common short code (CSC). The CSC being used to enter a Sweepstakes may or may not be compatible with all wireless carriers, and as such, you may not be able to enter through the CSC method of entry. The Sponsor will at all times consider the time that a message is logged as arriving in its system as being the time of entry, regardless of the time at which the entrant attempted to send the entry and any technical problems or other complications that may have delayed its delivery. The Sponsor, through its third party text messaging administrators, will store all messages received on its system, and will send Entrants reply texts relating to the Sweepstakes throughout the Sweepstakes Period and up to 60 days. The Sponsor is not responsible for service outages, message failures, transmission delays or any other factor affecting the availability or performance of the text messaging service. The Sponsor may require, on request, proof of identity as to the rightful owner of the phone number from which the text message entry was sent. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry if that entry's source and sender cannot be reasonably determined. BY TEXTING TO ENTER, THE ENTRANT GRANTS PERMISSION TO THE SPONSOR TO NOTIFY THEM VIA ONE (1) RETURN TEXT MESSAGE PER ENTRY AND MUST AGREE TO ACCEPT ALL APPLICABLE CHARGES ASSOCIATED THEREWITH.ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES TO RECEIVE AT LEAST ONE (1) TEXT MESSAGE IN RESPONSE TO THE ORIGINAL SUBMISSION, INCLUDING A MESSAGE CONFIRMING ENTRY, LEGAL DISCLAIMERS AND OPTIONS TO RECEIVE FUTURE PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES FROM THE SPONSOR.
Entrants understand that that each cue to play is considered a single Designated Playtime and is a separate registration period that will close at the end of the hour that the cue sounded.If Sponsor determines any potential Participant is not eligible, the Sponsor may at their sole discretion, randomly select another entry from the same pool of Entrants for the respective Designated Playtime to find another Participant.
All entries received are delivered to the same platform and are collectively combined, center regardless of which station the entrant was listening to at the time of the sounder or which participating Station's website entry was made.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/ MOBILE PHONE NUMBER/EMAIL ADDRESS PER DESIGNATED PLAYTIME.
3. Winner Selection:
There will be up to one-hundred (120) consolation prize winners, subject to verification, and possibly one (1) grand prize winner.
Claiming the Grand Prize: In order to claim the grand prize:
- The contestant's four (4) digit number guess as recorded in the official registration binder and entered into the electronic keypad must match in exact order the predetermined winning combination that is contained in the sealed security envelope, and that was preprogrammed into the bank vault;
- The Sponsor must trigger the locking mechanism and open the bank vault only by means of entering that winning four (4) digit number into the key pad on the bank vault.
- The act of opening the bank vault door does not constitute a winning attempt.
The (4) digit number provided by the Participant, recorded by the Sponsor in the official registration binder and entered into the key pad on the vault must exactly match the predetermined winning four (4) digit number that was randomly pre-selected for this contest, and that is contained in the sealed master envelope. The grand prize will not be awarded as a result of any of the following reasons including, but not limited to:
- Any number recorded by the Sponsor in the official registration binder and entered into the electronic key pad that does not match the predetermined winning four (4) digit number contained in the sealed master envelope;
- Any tampering, malfunction, damage, or use of physical force that causes the bank vault to unlock or open;
- Any attempt that the Sponsor records a winning four (4) digit number in the official registration binder, but fails to correctly enter the winning four (4) digit number into the key pad;
- Any attempt that the Contest Administrator records a non-winning4-digit number in the official registration binder, but enters the winning four (4) digit number into the key pad.
In the event of a grand prize (40-year annuity) winner, the Sponsor reserves the right to either end the Sweepstakes or continue by offering an additional grand prize 40-year annuity. Up to a maximum of two (2) 40-year annuity.
Grand Prize Winner/Consolation Winner Notification: Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon the placing of a telephone call to the potential winner, Station is not obligated to leave a voice mail or answering machine message so, the prize(s) will be finally forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability in connection with this Sweepstakes. Potential winner(s) are subject to verification, including verification of age, and shall be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release in the time period specified to winner at notification. In the event that the potential grand prize winner/consolation winner declines the prize or fails to provide signed affidavits or releases, such winner may be deemed to forfeit the prize and Sponsor may, at its discretion, select an alternate winner. If any alternate winner similarly fails to respond or declines the prize, Sponsor will use a reasonable number of attempts, in its discretion, to award the prize(s) to another alternate but if it is unable to do so, the prize(s) will be finally forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability in connection with this Sweepstakes.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a finalist and/or potential winner(s).
Conditions on Participation: If the Entrant is unable to verify registration information the Entrant may be disqualified and their prize may be forfeited. The Sponsor reserves at its sole discretion the right to choose an alternative qualifier in the event that that a qualifier has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible. The Released Parties are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winners. Entrants agree, by participating: (a) to be bound by these Rules; (b) as between Entrant and Sponsor, the decisions of Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (c) Entrant is not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; and (d) in the event Entrant does not comply with these Rules, Entrant may be disqualified.
Decisions of the Sponsor are final. Such decisions may include, but are not limited to, whether an entry adheres to the entry criteria, the time of entry receipt by the Sponsor, the order in which text message entries are received, the eligibility of the entrant, and in the event entry requires the submission of an answer or response, whether that answer or response is correct.
Winner(s) cannot assign any cash payments and Sponsor's sole obligation is to pay the verified winner.
Consolation Prizes: Up to one hundred twenty (120) verified and eligible consolation prize winners will each receive $100 in the form of a check addressed to the authorized account holder of the phone number and/or email address of Entrant associated with the winning entry.
Each day there shall be up to eight (8) national opportunities for a potential winner to be awarded one (1) prize of $100 USD as stated herein.
Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each consolation prize: $100
ARV of all consolation prizes: up to $12,000.
Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during a particular playtime.
Grand Prize: odds are 1 in 1:10,000 to win the grand prize.
One Million ($1,000,000) will be awarded in the form of 40-year annuity ($25,000 per for 40 years).
A winner is not a recipient of a prize until he/she has been verified and if the winner is unable to become verified then the winner will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited and no alternate winner will be selected at that time.The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor.
All prizes provided by: iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc.
No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein or by any third party prize provider. A prize may not be sold, traded, or commissioned, and is not exchangeable, transferable, substitutable, or redeemable for cash except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. Sponsor is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize, unless otherwise specified. Prizing may be fulfilled by a third party fulfillment Sponsor. The prize will only be awarded if properly claimed according to the Rules. All costs and expenses related to the prize acceptance, the prize, and/or prize use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s).
Conditions and restrictions may apply. Limit: One (1) prize per person/household. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED "AS IS" AND THE SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE (AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR) ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
An individual may win only once (1) every fifteen (15) days. However, the same individual may not win more than one prize to a specific event. For local sweepstakes/contests, an individual may win only once (1) every seven (7) days per station. An individual may not win more than three (3) times in thirty (30) days (local and national combined). Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year.
Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) mechanical, technical, electronic communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including, but not limited to: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (2) any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes; (3) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (4) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (5) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or operation of the Sweepstakes; or (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
The Sponsor further reserves the right to: (i) cancel, terminate, suspend, declare null or void, amend, alter, or modify the Sweepstakes, void any suspicious entries, rescind any prize, and/or determine absolute resolution, and/or an alternate method of conducting the Sweepstakes and/or awarding the prize(s) at any time, for any reason, or if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it is impossible or impractical to complete or conduct the Sweepstakes as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any sort, programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes, by any human error which may occur in the execution of this Sweepstakes, or any other causes which effect the operation of the Sweepstakes or the rules of the integrity of the Sweepstakes have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a entrant in the Sweepstakes and/or (ii) stop or conclude the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice.
6. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, winner(s) grant the Sponsor and Station(s) permission to use their names, characters, images, voices, and likenesses worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented in any and all marketing and promotional materials and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. Each winner’s name may be included in a publicly available winners list.
8. RELEASES, CONDITIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release and waive any and all claims of liability against the Sweepstakes Entities and any applicable third party fulfillment service and each of their respective employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against from any and all liability, loss or damage (including personal injury) incurred with respect to the conduct of or participation in the Sweepstakes, or the awarding, shipping/handling, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. By accepting the prize, winners hereby agree: (i) to release each of the Released Parties from any and all claims in connection with the Sweepstakes and the award or use of the prizes; and (ii) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming consent to use the winner’s name/likeness as set forth in Section 6 prior to acceptance of the prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any Entrant or winner, or any person claiming through such Entrant or winner, for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole control. Upon awarding the prize, the Sponsor will have no further obligation to grand prize/consolation prize winners.
9. TAXES. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a grand prize/consolation prize winner may be reported to the IRS as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Sponsor in a calendar year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of those prizes to the IRS.
10. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS. All decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means may be disqualified. The Sponsor will interpret these Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the Rules or the Sweepstakes and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners are notified than prize(s) available, prize(s) will be awarded in a random drawing from among all such persons. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Any reference in these Rules, or as part of the Sweepstakes, to the Sponsor's and/or Station's "discretion" and/or any exercise of discretion by the Sponsor or Station shall mean in Sponsor's and/or Station's "sole and unfettered discretion." In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated, Sponsor may award the prize(s) in a random drawing from all eligible Entries received in response to Designated Playtimes completed prior to termination. If applicable, any material changes to the Rules will be broadcast on-air and available on-line at the Station’s website. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
11. BINDING ARBITRATION. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sponsor Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS ("JAMS Rules and Procedures") then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply New York law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant's filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
12. MISCELLANEOUS. Sponsor reserves the right to determine eligibility should special circumstances arise and all decisions shall be considered final and binding. Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify Entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that: (a) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain costs, judgments, or awards for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim or seek punitive, incidental, consequential, special, or any other damages, other than for actual, third-party out-of-pocket expenses, and in such limitation, Entrant further waives any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (b) any and all disputes, claims, or causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, through binding arbitration as set forth above, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys' fees and court costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to every Entrant. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon Entrant's fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
13. COMPLIANCE WITH LAW AND GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 11 of these Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
APPENDIX A – PARTICIPATING STATIONS
Individual Participating Stations may opt to make amendments or changes regarding qualifying or participation affecting that station only by including hereto an attached addendum amending the rules and outlining the applicable changes. The Sponsor is conducting the Sweepstakes concurrently and simultaneously on several participating stations that are located in various States and their perspective time zones.Entrants not located within the referenced time zone, must factor in the time difference in determining the dates and times stated herein.Sponsor may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Sweepstakes as announced on the affected station. The Station's participation in this Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes dates may vary from day to day as announced on air of the affected Station, and as listed as amended in Appendix A and as noted in any applicable addendum. Station will announce participation. Stations participating in this Sweepstakes may include all stations owned or operated by iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc. FOR A LIST OF THE STATIONS PARTICIPATING AND THE INDIVIDUAL STATION QUALIFYING TIMES OF PARTICIPATION PLEASE SEE THE CORRESPONDING ATTACHED APPENDIX.